🔎

• 13

• 887

I bought two radicchio heads at the farmer's market. Is there anything to do with them besides mix in a salad with other greens?

MarcusV added over 2 years ago
Voted the Best Answer!

Quarter, drizzle with olive oil and salt, and roast in a 450 F oven until caramelized. Splash with balsamic before serving.

MarcusV added over 2 years ago

BTW hey Bun.

TrishaIM added over 2 years ago

This is also a great recipe when you melt smoked mozzarella over top!

Sam1148 added over 2 years ago

I love them grilled/roasted like MarcusV described.

Cut off the root end, separate the leaves, soak for 5 minutes in cold water to reduce bitterness. Proceed to make a salad, shave over fish tacos, enjoy!

Photo
linzarella added over 2 years ago

I second the idea of roasting. Sprinkle them with parmesan too! They also make an excellent salad all on their own, without other greens mixed in. Use strong, salty, and sweet flavors to stand up to them. I love a radicchio and radish salad with an anchovy vinaigrette. Some chopped boiled egg wouldn't hurt either.

Melissa_mitchell
MTMitchell added over 2 years ago

How much time do you have...? I just made this for a party and it was amazing. Radicchio wasn't exactly the star but it was a key player, and my husband and I snacked on the roasted radicchio as we assembled the lasagna (luckily we had extra...!). http://www.nytimes.com...

Bigpan
bigpan added over 2 years ago

Peel the leaves, stuff and roll with goat cheese, grill and serve.

Wholefoods_user_icon
a Whole Foods Market Customer added over 2 years ago

par boil the heads and gently peel the leaves apart. Spread individual laves on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Season with salt, pepper and whatever else... the use the "crisps" like chips or toasts.

Wholefoods_user_icon

Chef Michael Kiss is the Cooking Coach at Whole Foods Market in Rockville, Md.

I chop it up and cook it on pizza with pears and some blue cheese. stilton please!

MarcusV added over 2 years ago

Yum!

Me_in_munich_with_fish
petitbleu added over 2 years ago

You can also braise them on the stovetop in stock and wine (add a bay leaf). After cooking them, remove to a plate, reduce the sauce, and add a splash of cream at the end. Serve with toasted buttery bread crumbs

Gator_cake

Granted, this is a salad, but it uses farro, dried cherries, and blue cheese to go with the radicchio:
http://www.oregonlive.com...