🔎

• 11

• 3415

• See other questions tagged:
    • bacon

What is a good use for leftover, cooked bacon?

I have about a pound left of bacon I cooked this weekend that I don't want to waste.

Cook-better-thanfb_profile
Mlc1977 added over 2 years ago

Bacon Waffles, BLTs, Mashed Potatoes, and Quiche! Or bring it to my house it will last 5 minutes. We are to bacon as sharks are to blood in the water.

Brownies! Salads! Vinaigrette! I try to maintain a vegetarian life, but bacon is my gateway drug. So bring whatever Mlc1977 can't use to me!

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added over 2 years ago

Bacon Vingarette. check out the bacon water boiling method - awesome - on this site. It keeps in the fridge and fat still clings when reheated for a base for stews, salads, & veggies.

James Kenneth Hogue added over 2 years ago

Arugula with toasted walnut and orange supremes-balsamic e.v.o.l. dressing

Louisa added over 2 years ago
Voted the Best Answer!

Freeze it in a ziploc. Whenever you need bacon, take some out, give it a quick whirl in the microwave and it's good to go.

skittle added over 2 years ago

You could even make a batch of chocolate chip cookies and mix in in! Or what about risotto with bacon, cherry tomatoes and some arugula? Finish it off with some lemon zest?

TriciaW added over 2 years ago

I did the risotto - delish!!!

cranberry added over 2 years ago

My mom's "vintage" recipe: Spinach salad with bacon, cherry tomato, sliced hard boiled egg, sliced mushroom and/or water chestnut, and homemade french dressing. Yum.

Poodleranch added over 2 years ago

Some sort of quiche? With cheese?

the redhead added over 2 years ago

I crumble it over a Spinach salad with a red wine vinaigrette. I intentionally cook more than I need for breakfast just so I'll have it on hand.

TriciaW added over 2 years ago

Thanks all! All great ideas - I ended up making risotto with bacon crumbles YUM