🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Crispy Salt and Pepper French Toast

A2bb4272-b4c4-46d2-b1a8-4f10e1aa8013.101910f_062

Has anyone tried freezing this toast? I often whip up a big batch of pancakes & put the overflow in the freezer, to defrost as the craving hits. I would love to do the same with this toast. If no one's tried it, I'm willing to give it a shot & let you know the results. If you recommend against it, please let me know!

asked by Phoenix Helix over 3 years ago
Bac9c177-dfad-438a-90b1-c2810a2e3309.about

Hi BlissfulBaker! Thanks for trying the recipe :). I would cook all of the way through and cool any leftovers on racks on baking sheets. Then, I would place the cooled french toast on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for a few hours until frozen through (2-3 hours). Then, I'd place the pieces in ziploc bags and keep in the freezer for future use. I haven't done it for these, but I have for other versions of french toast I've made. They toast up in the toaster oven pretty nicely. Please let me know how it turns out!

D4c5edff-febe-4140-85c4-23deac07d810.imag0027

The french toast freezes very well! As above, I cooled them, wrapped 2 triangles together in plastic wrap, then placed in a freezer bag in the freezer. I thawed them at room temperature, then popped them in the toaster...and they were ready to eat on the go! Of course, I slathered them in the siracha ketchup before biting into them...yum!