🔎

Trying to make a peanut butter dipping sauce but the recipe calls for heavy cream. I have no dairy in house. What can I substitute?

corey79 added over 2 years ago
Voted the Best Answer!

Coconut milk

Bigpan
bigpan added over 2 years ago

If you don't have a coconut nearby, you can thin the PB with oil... add a bit and stir in. Pop it in the microwave to warm it up as that helps thin it also. Finish with a bit of lime juice if you want.

Scan0004
susan g added over 2 years ago

Oddly, if the recipe is for an Asian sauce, dairy is not native to the region so it would have started life with coconut milk. Or do they use water buffalo milk? (They don't make mozzarella do they?)

Danee added over 2 years ago

@ Susan G ... This was not an Asian recipe. Not all peanut sauces come from Asia. Thanks for your "helpful" answer.

Sam1148 added over 2 years ago

Perhaps you could include the recipe, techniques and goal in your question for more 'helpful' answers.

Danee added over 2 years ago

@sam1148 If you read my question I did include that the recipe called for heavy cream. As far as technique and goals, I didn't realize we were supposed to write a book when asking these questions. Furthermore, if you don't have an answer to questions posted it is best to not write anything at all.