🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Trying to make a peanut butter dipping sauce but the recipe calls for heavy cream. I have no dairy in house. What can I substitute?

asked by Danee almost 3 years ago
Bigpan

If you don't have a coconut nearby, you can thin the PB with oil... add a bit and stir in. Pop it in the microwave to warm it up as that helps thin it also. Finish with a bit of lime juice if you want.

Scan0004

Oddly, if the recipe is for an Asian sauce, dairy is not native to the region so it would have started life with coconut milk. Or do they use water buffalo milk? (They don't make mozzarella do they?)

@ Susan G ... This was not an Asian recipe. Not all peanut sauces come from Asia. Thanks for your "helpful" answer.

Perhaps you could include the recipe, techniques and goal in your question for more 'helpful' answers.

@sam1148 If you read my question I did include that the recipe called for heavy cream. As far as technique and goals, I didn't realize we were supposed to write a book when asking these questions. Furthermore, if you don't have an answer to questions posted it is best to not write anything at all.