How to dress up canned raviolis

Ok. I know. Canned. I don't get home till late at night and sometimes I have no time to cook anything more. How can I quickly dress up a can of raviolis so that it isn't quite so depressing to eat? Keep it quick and easy.

asked by Richard,Kinzle over 2 years ago
Melissa_mitchell

Serve it with a lovely salad? If you do the veggie prep in advance it's easy to toss together. Stir in some pesto or herbs? Put some cheese on top and run it all under the broiler like a pasta gratin? Layer it in a pan with cheese on top like ravioli lasagna? Mix in some veggies? I hear you on the working hard and coming home late. I've become a big fan of making something big one day a month (Sunday for me), freezing it, and heating it up when I get home. Also I once in a while make a mock tuna casserole with one of those noodle packs (Lipton maybe?) canned tuna and frozen peas. It works in a pinch for sure. Not haute cuisine but more like "I just got home and it's 10:00" cuisine!

Buddhacat

A friend shared this recipe with me. It is from Cook's Illustrated. I like it because it coats the ravoli and doesn't add to the water.

Red Pepper and Pistachio Pesto
2?garlic cloves , unpeeled
?1 1/2?cups jarred roasted red peppers , rinsed and ? patted dry
1?cup fresh basil
1 1/2?ounces Parmesan cheese , grated (3/4 cup)
1/2?cup raw shelled pistachios , toasted
1/4?cup extra-virgin olive oil

eat something else.

Some chopped parsley and shaved curls of Parmesan cheese.