🔎

I made too much brandade de morue. Can I freeze some? Hate for it to go to waste. It was delicious.

3-bizcard

I have never frozen it before but have frozen mashed potatoes and that worked well, similar not exactly the same I know. I imagine that if you make sure its packaged carefully whether in a freezer container or ziplock it would be fine to freeze. Maybe someone has done this and will see your question and shed some light but in my opinion it would be alright to freeze,

KimW added about 2 years ago

I have found that I can freeze just about anything. For something delicate like this I would put it in a ziplock and then wrap in foil and then put in a container. It may sound like too much. But it will keep away freezer burn and and smells.

I feel your pain as I love brandade. I've never frozen it before. I can't imagine it being as good afterward. But it might survive. Let us know.

amysarah added about 2 years ago

I've never frozen it either, but a good brandade is a terrible thing to waste. If the alternative languishing in the fridge and eventually getting tossed, what have you got to lose?