What else can you use an Aebleskiver pan for?

Able

I like to eat Aebleskiver, but I do not like owning "unitaskers" and the Aebleskiver pan looks criminally guilty in this sense. Besides other "Aebleskiver-like" foods (I.E. takoyaki) does anyone have any ideas as to what else an Abelskiver pan is good for?

asked by Mr_Vittles over 2 years ago

I'd go with the takoyaki. but I see you have that covered.

Maybe a crab cake type recipe would work in that?

Stringio

maybe individually cooked eggs?

meatballs, candy, nice ice cubes for cocktails, baby soufles

It's only good for ebelskiver. If you want multi function don't do it.

Baci1

I totally disagree. See my post below.

Okay...how about making little ice cream balls. With a lined crust of crushed of girl-scout thin mint cookies. Pipe in soft vanilla ice cream (with a touch a peppermint schnapps) topped with crushed orero cookies. Re-frozen in the 'half sphere' in the pan. Might want to line the pan with plastic wrap to make removing easy.

I'm thinking that cake batter would work for cake pops, also muffin mix. On the savory side how about mixing up some eggs, bread, and milk with grated cheese and grease the wells...well and make mini breakfast stratas. Pinch off some Pillsbury dough from a can, add teaspoon of sauce and a sprinkle of cheese, top with a bit of dough again and cook pizza ball appetizers.

Singing_feb2012_006 One more thing to try... try a Liege Waffle recipe in this pan. Be sure to use the chunky sugar and it will carmelize . I think i'll go do that now!

Ss851202 Add your answer here

Baci1

The Vietnamese use it to make savory rice cakes called banh khot. http://peachymangodelight...

Lulusleep

I love those! There is a Thai dessert with coconut milk and rice flour that uses similar pans.

Chris_in_oslo

On a whim, I bought a book, Ebelskivers: Filled Pancakes and Other Mouthwatering Miniatures by Kevin Crafts. Now I have a book I've never used, as well as a pan that I don't use much.

Some of the things that look interesting--molten chocolate ebelskivers, ebelskiver popovers, miniature stove-top cheese souffles, two-cheese puffs with marinara (think oozing mossarella).

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet