🔎

• 5

• 803

• See other questions tagged:
    • none

Do you cook lasgna in oven and then freeze or knowing you are not going to serve for 5 days, freeze un cooked? Noodles/Sauce are done.

Dawn_solo_pic
palletdancer added about 2 years ago
Voted the Best Answer!

I freeze uncooked and it works perfectly. I had the same concerns and after much online research, that is my method and it turns out beautifully! Once assembled, I wrap in foil, then in plastic. Let it thaw for a bit before going into oven, or it will take almost 2 hours.

Bigpan
bigpan added about 2 years ago

I cook it, then freeze. That gives the lasagna the great taste it only can gear from cooking. Although you can freeze uncooked the flavors do not mingle and get happy.

1390710_10151917400148928_1193325941_n_1_
Mr_Vittles added about 2 years ago

I believe both would work, but I would err on the side of caution and freeze before cooking. Pasta is a fickle ingredient that has a tendency to over absorb liquid, cooking the pasta, and then recooking it the oven is already a dicey game. To freeze and then reheat is just upping the chances you'll get mushy, overcooked pasta. Freezing before cooking, will not guarantee perfectly cooked pasta either, but it would be logical that heating the pasta twice instead of three times will likely yield better results.

susanm added about 2 years ago

i've had success using no bake noodles (look for an imported italian brand) and putting the entire thing together COLD. cold sauce, cold filling, cold everything...then double wrap & freeze. that way the noodles are only baked once.

nat666 added about 2 years ago

We always freeze it uncooked and then put it straight in the oven still frozen and just double the cooking time (it ends up taking around 40 minutes or so).