Do you cook lasgna in oven and then freeze or knowing you are not going to serve for 5 days, freeze un cooked? Noodles/Sauce are done.

asked by Chef Cliff over 2 years ago
Bigpan

I cook it, then freeze. That gives the lasagna the great taste it only can gear from cooking. Although you can freeze uncooked the flavors do not mingle and get happy.

1390710_10151917400148928_1193325941_n_1_

I believe both would work, but I would err on the side of caution and freeze before cooking. Pasta is a fickle ingredient that has a tendency to over absorb liquid, cooking the pasta, and then recooking it the oven is already a dicey game. To freeze and then reheat is just upping the chances you'll get mushy, overcooked pasta. Freezing before cooking, will not guarantee perfectly cooked pasta either, but it would be logical that heating the pasta twice instead of three times will likely yield better results.

i've had success using no bake noodles (look for an imported italian brand) and putting the entire thing together COLD. cold sauce, cold filling, cold everything...then double wrap & freeze. that way the noodles are only baked once.

We always freeze it uncooked and then put it straight in the oven still frozen and just double the cooking time (it ends up taking around 40 minutes or so).