🔔
🔎

Does anyone know of a marshmallow recipe that doesn't call for corn syrup? Or alternately of a less vile substitute for corn syrup that would

asked by softpunk almost 3 years ago
Marnely1_1_

This recipe via Stella Parks of Bravetart blog, you can just sub the corn syrup for honey or maple syrup; I have and they work perfectly! http://bravetart.com/recipes...
Warning, when you boil honey, it smells like farm animals! And somehow when I made these, I attracted bees from outside. Not fun, but worth the results!

This sounds great and I will give it a try. Strange that boiling honey smells like a barn. Good thing I don't mind that smell! Though I guess I would t want to eat it.

Dip a large marshmallow in butter then cinnamon sugar.
Put marshmallow in a Pillsbury Cressent Roll dough sealing all the edges.
Bake off in the oven. Great kids afternoon treat.

No, not a recipe that uses marshmallows, but rather one that produces them. This sounds like a great way to get a kid hopped up of processed food sugar bombs though!

Corn Syrup isn't the same as it's evil twin High Fructose Corn Syrup.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

I know, but I avoid corn if the odds are good that it's GMO, and I would sort of assume that is the case with a product like corn syrup.

19935_292165946404_502966404_5168928_1994829_n

Brown rice syrup is also a good substitute for corn syrup. It has a similar consistency but is much better for you! The only thing is that you might have to play with the cooking times a little for certain recipes. If I remember correctly it needs to be cooked longer than corn syrup to achieve the same results.

Lulusleep

I've seen marshmallow recipes that uses invert sugar instead of corn syrup.