🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

I'm making fried chicken for the first time and I can't keep my oil hit enough!!! Help!!! Why??

asked by Abbe,Lind over 2 years ago

Your probably over crowding the pan. Best to it in batches, which is admittedly a pain.
If you've already launched. Well, the only thing you can do is just get the skin brown and crispy..and finish up in a 350 oven for about 20 mins.
What can happen is that coating cooks before the interior of the chicken is done--so the oven finish is your hope there.

Thanks! I have only been cooking a few pieces at a time but I guess it was too much anywsy

If you want to add appliance to your home. An electric skillet makes pretty good fried chicken, the style that's deep enough for oil, with a thermostat that keeps the temp steady.

I have a glass top stove and it's very, very hard to control temp for frying.

Glass top as in induction? If that's the case, then you need a refund. Also, covering the pan has a two-fold function. Retaining heat, and reducing splatter. Lastly you don't have to have a particularly high heat to fry. That's one piece of information out there which needs to be corrected