A question about a recipe: Plum and Blueberry Custard Tart with a Hazelnut Crust

I have a question about the ingredient "organic blueberry yogurt (I used Oikos brand, but any brand is fine)" on the recipe "Plum and Blueberry Custard Tart with a Hazelnut Crust" from WinnieAb. Can I substitute with plain yogurt?

asked by passifloraedulis over 3 years ago

Plain greek yogurt and some macerated blueberries will work. Maybe a 50-50 sour cream and plain non-greek yogurt maybe a better substitute, if that's all you have

If your plain yogurt is not "Greek " style, it might have too much water content. If you have just plain yogurt and enough of both time and yogurt, drain the yogurt though cheese cloth or a very fine sieve. If you can, drain overnight. You will lose as much as 50% volume so you will need to start with more yogurt than called for. Then, add any flavor of jam or preserves to sub for the blueberries.