🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Chocolate Persimmon Muffins

_tjh5997

I have a question about the ingredient "American persimmon pulp, or Hachiya pulp" on the recipe "Chocolate Persimmon Muffins" from thirschfeld. Is there any fruit puree you might suggest instead of persimmon? We are totally out of persimmons and have grown to LOVE this recipe.

asked by Stephanie G almost 3 years ago
Summer_2010_1048

I'm crazy about this recipe too and recently subbed 2 cups of banana puree for the persimmons. They weren't as amazing as the original ones, but far superior to run-of-the-mill banana muffins.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

I would use some fig, nectarine or plum jam. And I'd add a bit of crushed anise seed if using fig. And I'd reduce the sugar just a bit. ;o)

I've read applesauce can sub for persimmons. I don't know how accurate that is as I've never tried it though.

Hilary_sp1

I've subbed mango and it was an interesting result. Sweeter than the persimmon goods and a little moister, too.

They all sound great...I think Im going to have to make multiple batches!

pumpkin--I think persimmons have that spicy fall flavor....