Best way to reheat steak leftovers

Have a steak from Ruth's Chris and want to reheat it without losing its flavor and tenderness.

asked by sawyersp over 2 years ago

Put it in oven at 200-250 F for 15 minutes. No microwave. Add a dab of butter on top to liven it up a little.

How does a steak sandwich sound? If not, I would bring it to room temperature, preheat your oven and put it on the middle rack for 5 minutes.

Bring to room temp and heat in fry pan over medium high heat with melted butter or olive oil. The meat will be more well done so only use this method with rare steak.

If your going to eat it with spuds and veg heat it in the gravy.

Photo-15

Leftover steak is best eaten cold.

I will cut it into small pieces and marinate it in a little olive oil and red wine vinegar and throw it into a salad and have that for lunch the next day at work.

Farmer's_market

I wouldn't try to reheat. Reheated steak loses something in translation. Rather, bring it to room temp and make a steak sandwich on crusty bread with horseradish mayo; or better, slice it over a salad with some crumbled blue cheese. Add some tomatoes and onions and it's kind of a reconstructed steakhouse experience.

Thanks everyone. Great suggestions.

Bigpan

I agree with eating cold - slice thin and serve on a piece of baguette with horseradish. If you want to heat it up, I suggest putting on a Chinese steamer basket. Or, put the meat in a bowl and put over a simmering pot of water until warmed.