Had to share!

I just had to share that a few months ago I bought the cookbook "flour" by Joanne Chang. Um, you know what? Anytime I've made anything from it, I get rave reviews. I know that not everyone on here is a seasoned chef but if you're looking for a great pastry book that's not going to scare you and you're looking to get excellent results, it's totally worth it.

asked by skittle over 2 years ago
Buddhacat

Thanks for the share, skittle! I will look at it.

Scan0004

I bought the book, haven't made anything yet. Suggestions, favorites?
I've been to her Boston bakery. Crazy busy place!

Does it have the sticky buns recipe in it? We went to the flour bakery every morning we were on holiday in Boston.... You can't get anything like those sticky buns here in England, hubby and I loved them!

It does have her sticky buns in it! They are amazing!
I really like the chocolate chip cookies. I know that sounds simple...but I think that when you've got a simple recipe..to do it to perfection takes real skill.
I also absolutely adore the rosemary shortbread cookies. They sneak up on you. If you're not paying attention, you'll eat the entire batch because the flavor is just so unique!
I just liked the entire layout of the book....she gives basic explanations as to the "why" of things...she doesn't just say "do this." It makes so much sense.
I made her fluffy yellow birthday cake with whipped chocolate ganache butter cream last night and of course it was a hit!

That's great news! Thank you for letting me know!