🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Gluten-Free baking question...

For this recipe: http://www.wholefoodsmarket... what can I susbtitute for the almond flour?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 2 years ago
5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm

For that recipe, if you can't do any ground nuts or nut flour, I'd just sub sorghum flour for it. That's a whole grain flour, nutritious, and it's a little denser than rice flour. It'll change the texture of the recipe slightly, but probably not so it'd be noticeable. Sorghum has a relatively neutral flavor as well; it's a little nutty and a little sweet, but shouldn't cause a problem with the overall flavor profile of the bread. Have fun!

Scan0004

If you can eat nuts/almonds, you can grind them in a food processor, just enough to make a fine powder, not nut butter.

Hilary_sp1

Sorghum sounds like a good choice, but I'd be more apt to choose Buckwheat (yes it is Gluten Free and no it isn't actually wheat). Buckwheat has a nice flavor in and of itself, and I think would enhance the flavor of the currants already in the recipe.