🔔
🔎

Cooked chicken for baked pasta dish.

How would you suggest cooking boneless chicken breasts for a baked pasta dish that calls for "cooked chicken, cubed?" I was going to poach.

asked by KRN over 2 years ago
2011-03-07_18-28-41_870

Poached would certainly work and would be nice and moist. I'm sure you could also use roasted chicken.

Wholefoods_user_icon

Helen's right, roasted chicken would be great. I often make a mixture of a couple of tablespoons of mayo mixed with a teaspoon of soy sauce and slather that on the chicken breasts before baking them in a 350 degree oven. The resulting chicken stays incredibly moist but doesn't take on a lot if added flavors, and can be easily shredded or cubed for any use. I know it sounds weird, but it works incredibly well. Try it out!

Face

I find poaching to be quick, easy and less messy than other methods. Just don't overlook it!

Cakes

I use Ina's easy method. 350 degrees, 30 minutes, slathered in olive and a little salt and pepper.