🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Presoaking pulses

Is there a short-cut to presoaking dried chickpeas/lentils etc? I'm sure I read once if you bring them to the boil once drain and then start again that works but can't remember if that was quite it..

asked by lwilliamson over 2 years ago
Photo_(6)

Yes, you can boil them on stove or you can microwave them with some water for few minutes. But, the texture of chickpeas is harder compared to the texture or time to cook lentils is. Simply, microwave lentils with some water, it soften them and they would cook quickly. But, in case of chickpeas or kidney beans , you still have to soak them in water even if you microwave them.

Bon Appetit has an article on this very topic in this month's edition

http://www.bonappetit.com...

I never pre soak lentils...they have such a quick cooking time

Buddhacat

Totally agree with IPK and use the method she recommends in the Bon Appetit article with great success. Also recommendation is to NOT use micro-wave because that destroys nutrition of the beans.