🔎

A question about a recipe: Chinese Celery and Baby Octopus, the Vietnamese way

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Chinese Celery and Baby Octopus, the Vietnamese way" from matchaflan. It says:

"1. Marinade the octopus in sriracha, fish sauce and lemon juice for 15-20 minutes. In the meantime wash and cut the long Chinese celery into thirds or quarters (length-wise)."
How much sriracha, fish sauce and lemon juice do you use for the recipe?

Celeryoctopus
Miscjune10_021
gourmettenyc added about 2 years ago

Because this is a marinade for the octopus, the quantities of siracha, fish sauce, and lemon juice should be to your liking. Siracha is spicy, so the more you add, the spicier it will be. Fish sauce is quite, well, fishy, so if you're looking for a subtle fish flavor, go easy on the fish sauce. And, the lime juice adds a nice kick of acidity. Let us know what quantities you decide to use and how it turns out!

matchaflan added about 2 years ago

OMG I am a doofus. For some reason when I added this recipe the quantities were there - thanks for bringing this issue to my attention. Am adding these now.

matchaflan added about 2 years ago

Actually, I tried to add back the ingredients, but the page won't let me, for some reason. Because the octopus/squid would be kind of salty by themselves, for this amount, I usually aim for 2,3 tbs of fish sauce, and sriracha is to taste really, then juice of half a lemon.