🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Chinese Celery and Baby Octopus, the Vietnamese way

Celeryoctopus

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Chinese Celery and Baby Octopus, the Vietnamese way" from matchaflan. It says:

"1. Marinade the octopus in sriracha, fish sauce and lemon juice for 15-20 minutes. In the meantime wash and cut the long Chinese celery into thirds or quarters (length-wise)."
How much sriracha, fish sauce and lemon juice do you use for the recipe?

asked by nasilemak over 2 years ago

Because this is a marinade for the octopus, the quantities of siracha, fish sauce, and lemon juice should be to your liking. Siracha is spicy, so the more you add, the spicier it will be. Fish sauce is quite, well, fishy, so if you're looking for a subtle fish flavor, go easy on the fish sauce. And, the lime juice adds a nice kick of acidity. Let us know what quantities you decide to use and how it turns out!

OMG I am a doofus. For some reason when I added this recipe the quantities were there - thanks for bringing this issue to my attention. Am adding these now.

Actually, I tried to add back the ingredients, but the page won't let me, for some reason. Because the octopus/squid would be kind of salty by themselves, for this amount, I usually aim for 2,3 tbs of fish sauce, and sriracha is to taste really, then juice of half a lemon.