I made too much BBQ pulled pork! What can I do with the rest?

asked by SXNW over 2 years ago

Hash is my favorite use. Pulled pork sandwich. It it freezes well.

Junechamp

send it to my house! we love it. (only half kidding!)

You can use it on pizza, a bbq spaghetti, a variation of nachos, or top baked potatoes.

Ooh! You could do a variation of the Momofuku steamed pork buns. If there's an Asian market near you, you can buy the steamed buns already made. No need to add the hoisin since the bbq sauce but maybe add some type of cabbage or pickle for the texture crumch.

Waffle3

Ha! There's no such thing as "too much" pulled pork!

My favorite not-exactly-traditional use is a simple burrito with an ancho chile sauce (or salsa picante), brown rice, black beans, guacamole and sour cream. Bonus: It's an excellent excuse to learn to make traditional flour tortillas with lard.

Pulled pork freezes well by the way.

Use it in soft tortillas brushed with sesame seed oil, with hoisin sauce and chopped green onion.
And maybe some cabbage, dressed with rice vinegar and olive oil.

Bigpan

It will freeze nicely. Divide into single serving packages and pull out when you want a nice quick meal.

Freeze in convenient size package. Mix 1/3 pork to 2/3 ground beef for your next hamburgers or meat loaf.

Instagram1

Freeze it in one-sandwich increments for a quick lunch! Otherwise, stuff it into enchiladas or tacos.

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet