🔔
🔎

Making root veggie latkes out of leftover boiled veggies from cornbeef dinner?

So anyone think I can squeeze enough water out of boiled veggies (potato, carrot, turnip, parsnips)leftover from the corn beef dinner I made the other night to turn them into latkes? Or do you have a better use for them?

asked by Mlc1977 over 2 years ago

I think the ship may have sailed on this one based on the length of time they were probably cooked. However all is not lost, you might slice and layer them, season generously with salt&pepper, drizzle with olive oil and bake them at about 350 for about 20 minutes. Also, puree any or all of them and repurpose them as soup. I could go on, but I think you get the idea

I don't see why not. I would drain them really well and add some grated white and sweet potatoes to the mix. Add flour, eggs, a little bit of matzoh meal, and lots of salt and pepper. Fry them up nice and crisp, and you're good to go.

Why not turn them into Bubble and Squeak....?
Roughly chop all the ingredients and anything else you may have left over, season add 1 egg mix well. I think peas and asaparagis would go weel with this just add as much as you like!
You can make individual patties in a saute pan, or add a teaspoon of baking soda and bake them in a muffin tin for individual servings. Another idea is to bake whole in a lasagne pan and divide into portions.