🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Pomegranate-Rose Milk Pudding

Pom_pudding_pic1

I have a question about the ingredient "1 tbsp pomegranate molasses (optional)" on the recipe "Pomegranate-Rose Milk Pudding" from aliyaleekong.

asked by CAB over 2 years ago
Chris_in_oslo

You don't say where you are, but you might be able to find it at your local grocery store. It's sometimes called pomegranate syrup. It's also easy to come by on line. It's worth trying--I once took a bottle to a friend's house where I was staying for a weekend and cooking dinner. I got a note later that he'd been happily experimenting with in on all kinds of dishes.

Noz_photo

Many Middle Eastern and Asian groceries have them -- it's sold in screw-top bottles and is dark brown and viscous.

Scan0004

It's inexpensive and long lasting, so don't be afraid to buy a bottle. It won't go to waste. (A good number of other recipes on food52 use it -- check the search box.)

Scan0004

Looking at the recipe, I see that it uses pomegranate juice. Pomegranate molasses is a reduction of the juice, which you can make by boiling some down. (I'd rather have that handy bottle of it, though.)