Melissa Clark

Melissa Clark is a food columnist for the New York Times and has written over 32 cookbooks, including the recent Cook This Now.

I love duck stock for soup - I've used it in my red lentil soup actually. It's also great for cooking beans. White beans cooked in duck stock, yum.

perhaps it might be nice to use some of it for sauteeing or braising some interesting mushroom, finished with a little bit of aged balsamico. serve that over a Polenta or sproonbread or something along that line.. Another possibilty buid upon a broth from that with a delicate onion, some kind of delicate cabbage, delicate noodles with delicate mushrooms. tree oyster, oyster, and a little smked paprika, a little smked sea salt, little coconut oil, and delicate sea salt. Just an idea to beget more ideas..... cool stuff... ia m sure you could go many more directions.... hopefully more chefs will add to this

I agree with Melissa Clark’s answer, good duck stock is a perfect base for all kind of soups: