🔎

Whats for dinner? available brown rice, white beans, broccolli, spinach, sweet potato, tofu usual condiments and spices

not necessariy to use everything, prefer warm dish

Baci1
HalfPint added about 2 years ago

Mashed white beans (seasoned with thyme, sage, maybe some lemon zest) on a bed of garlic-sauteed spinach and/broccoli.

Cristina-014-web-final
cristinasciarra added about 2 years ago

I would say to make a salad using the brown rice, the white beans, and some arugula (if you have it, sub the spinach if you don't), and maybe something crunchy and a little sweet--half an orange pepper chopped fine? Toss it together with a mustard-garlic vinaigrette.

Separately, toss the broccoli with some oo, s+p and more garlic. Roast, then toss in some lemon juice and grated Parmesan.

Finish the meal with roasted sweet potato, maybe amped up with a dusting of paprika or cayenne, a handful of raisins, or a splash of maple syrup.

5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm
beyondcelery added about 2 years ago

Mash the white beans and sweet potatoes together with 2-3 cloves roasted garlic, drizzling sage-infused olive oil into it as you go.

RebeccaCooks added about 2 years ago

If you have a lot of spinach you could make a modified saag paneer, using the tofu instead of paneer.

036

I would roast the sweet potato (cubed) and broccoli and crisp up the tofu (in a skillet) and toss them them with something like toasted cumin, spicy paprika or cayenne, maybe some coriander. I would finish it with lemon and cilantro if you have them. Hmm - actually add the spices to the roasting sweet potato and broccoli. And put the potatoes in first (thinking on the fly here)

I would have a glass of wine

then I would probably have some tea and maybe a little ice cream ....

sheredel added about 2 years ago

thank you all, and aagersi loved your response!!