🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Duck Hashcakes with Sweet Potato, Bacon and Cilantro

I don't see sweet potatoes on the ingredient list. By sweet potatoes do you mean yams or sweet potatoes?

asked by judyschwab over 3 years ago

Hi Judy; there has been a problem with ingredients disappearing it's happened to me a number of times. You might want to send a direct message to Le Bec Fin and as how many sweet potatoes and also alert her to the fact that they are missing from the recipe,

well judy, thankyou so much. i feel like i'm in the twilight zone. ingredient above duck sausage should say:
1.5 lb. sweet potatoes, unpeeled,cut in ½”dice, preferably both Hannah (white ) and Jewel sweet potatoes, which are rich and less sweet than Garnet

i added a comment to the recipe as well. th you so much for the proofread

Sweet potatoes are what you are likely to find in US markets, even if they are marked yams. A true yam is a very different tuber. As for the varieties (Hannah, Jewel, Garnet), you can ask a produce worker to check the boxes they were shipped in if you don't see that information.

Thanks so much for the clarifications. Now I'm really looking forward to making this!