🔎

Urgent! A question about a recipe: Buttercream Icing

Hey, sorry to bother you, but I was just making chocolate cupcakes for school tomorrow, and was wondering whether this would keep well overnight. If so, should I frost the cupcakes and keep them in the fridge overnight, or should I frost them before I go in the morning? Also, can they sit out for a while, or would I have to find a refrigerator? Sorry!

4324881311_9b22871254_o
Gator_cake

I'd just frost them the night before and keep them refrigerated.
If you want to go with an egg free recipe (which I would consider due to risk of Salmonella in raw eggs and it being a school thing) try the frosting Ina Garten has for these coconut cupcakes. It's a cream cheese frosting with a little almond extract and it's fabulous on chocolate cupcakes: http://www.foodnetwork...

ATG117 added almost 2 years ago
Voted the Best Answer!

I'd do whatever is less stressful, presumably the night before. As long as they have enough time to come to room temp, the forsting will re-soften. They should be great.