🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Easy, make-ahead, room temp breakfast ideas for office party?

I need something easy and delicious that I can make the night before and bring to work the next morning for an office breakfast meeting. It will be in a conference room--no oven available to heat anything up, so I'm looking for something that can be served room temp. PS-First impression with my new boss!

asked by Ms. T over 2 years ago

A baked French toast casserole - lots of recipes out there. They can be assembled the night before and sit in the fridge overnight, then bake in the morning before work. Or, bake the night before and reheat (or not) in the morning at 325 for about 30 minutes. Suggestions: cube the bread (rather than using slices of bread) so people can eat it using only a fork, no knife. Add diced, peeled apples to the recipe or serve with fresh sliced strawberries or blueberries on the side. Skip nuts in case anyone is allergic. Definitely bring a good bottle of maple syrup! Quiche would also be good but skip anything with spinach so people aren't worried about having it stuck in their teeth during a meeting with the boss. Hope your meeting goes well!

p.s. Try typing "bread pudding" in the Search box, upper right-hand corner of screen. You'll see some great recipes there too.

Bacon and Egg Pie. This comes together so quickly and easily with pretty basic ingredients. There are also lots of recipes and variations out there - can be made in individual muffin tins if you prefer or you can add in some fresh veggies such as asparagus if you want to omit the bacon (but, honestly, why would you?).

This can be made the night before and served cold the next day. Personally, I think it's better the next day. No need to re-heat.

You can make homemade granola and then bring in some greek or vanilla yogurt and other topics if you wish. Muffins are always a hit too.

Food54_profile_pic

Great idea. So good, that one of my co-workers thought of it before I did. But her granola was excellent and it's a concept I would repeat.

P.S. There are a number of great granola recipes that were community picks, if you want to go that route.

Photo_squirrel

I think proteins are a great way to go. Most other coworkers will prob bring in sweet baked goods.
The 2 diff protein entrees i'd suggest are quiche or strata; many recipes for both will come up if you use the 52 searchbox at the upper right of this page. IMO both can baked the night before and safely sit out til the next morning.I have done that countless times. And the texture of both dishes (particularly the crust of the quiche) will be so much better if not refrigerated. Both are easily eaten with a fork alone.

If you do the strata, i'd suggest transporting it in its loaf pan and slicing and presenting it on a platter- after you arrive at work.

Both entree suggestions are easy to eat w a fork, and i think many people appreciate protein instead of the preponderance of sugary choices.

Food54_profile_pic

I had never heard of a strata before, but after checking it out, it's definitely on my list to try another time. Reminds me of leftover stuffing with eggs (my favorite Friday after Thanksgiving breakfast.) Endless variations. Thanks for the tip.

Quiche is very good at room temp. I refer it to warm .

These are fabulous. And impressive.

Food54_profile_pic

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me about this one! Looks like I'll have to throw another breakfast party. So many good recipes, so few meals in the day ;)

0605111238

If the burden of filling tummies is on you, then bring fruit salad and yogurt and decent bread (that doesn't need toasting) and spreads like nut butter and jam and honey. Never underestimate "continental breakfast" when all the ingredients are high quality!

If you're just bringing a component, try just bringing the fresh fruit or fruit salad: Charoses: chopped apples, dried fruit, a little cinnamon, chopped nuts, maple syrup or honey just to moisten (charoses)...served in little cups. On a different tack: marinate any hard-ish chopped fruit in citrus juice, cinnamon and a little liquid sweetener over night, then add softer chopped fruits, berries before work in the AM. Everyone appreciates something crisp and juicy and health-affirming to go with their pastries and heavy proteins, and it will keep in the fridge for another day or so if there's any leftover.

Food54_profile_pic

Thanks all for the great suggestions! Somebody else is already bringing homemade granola with yogurt and fruit, and I think scones are already covered too, so I will probably go with a quiche or strata or savory bread pudding type thing. Thanks again for the inspiration.

The Salvadorian breakfast cakes look amazing!! they get my vote! unless they fall into the P.S. could not tell right off.

P.S. Office setting and crumbly/greasy stuff (like mini quiche) = unprofessional look added to clothes. I would avoid crumbly if your business is a suit type atmosphere.

Food54_profile_pic

So many good suggestions. In the end I was too lazy to cube and toast bread for a strata (pathetic, I know, but I had already been cooking all weekend) so I made AntoniaJames' Pear-Filled Cowboy Coffee Cake, which was delicious and a big hit. Would totally recommend the recipe for anyone who needs to bake the ngiht before. (Very crumbly, but luckily, Kitsune, ours is not a business suit type place). But thanks for the reminder about the salvadorian breakfast cakes, because I definitely must try those another time. Strata too, is on my list for the future. Love the concept.

Mushroom and cheese frittata is always a favorite. Or nice ham and cheese sandwich. Blueberry muffins/choc chip muffins. All easy to serve, room temp brekkie ideas.

A smoked salmon pastrami will do the job. Most giants can make it for you if you don't have the time.

A frittata is fast and easy to serve. There are infinite variations. You can use leftover pasta, sauté any greens that you may have, add red sauce or not, a couple of eggs, herbs and what cheese you have on hand.

Sub corn starch for part of the flour to make them softer and sub turbinado or sugar in the raw sugar for a for mellow sweetness. For the corn starch-emit 1/4 the flour, add starch .75 of the extracted flour.
For the sugar- turbinado sugar is naturally moist so be considerate of your wet ingredients (egg, butter, water, fruits, etc)

You can use the starch or sugar substitutions in scones and muffins as well, just in different amounts than the above. Consider adding nuts for energy and breakfast pleasant fruits and then you can have some fun and create a sauce for the topping if you want to do so

Prosciutto wrapped fruit on tooth picks

Salami wrapped olive and cream cheese
-you can use kalamata olives or Greek, just since them small and fold into the cream cheese and wrap the salami around it like a taco, not a burrito. This will last for about two hours if you use cold ass cream cheese. Salami is cured so it is best at room temperature where I can sweat.

Chips and salsa
Change it up a bit with a fruity salsa for spring
- pineapple, jalapeños, tomatoes (heirloom if you can because they're much tastier and provide a sweetness that this salsa can benefit from) mint or basil, and maybe some orange zest and cardamon.