How long can you keep Hollandaise Sauce?

I made a double batch of Hollandaise Thursday, and now it's Sunday. Can I use the left-over tonight? How long does Hollandaise keep?

asked by Louisa over 2 years ago

You could still use it, but when you heat it up, it will seperate. Next time you could mix your leftover hollandaise with some beaten egg white. It will last 3 to 4 days and you could use it cold.

Thanks. I do use the whole egg in my recipe, and I reheat in the microwave, and I've never had a problem with separation...I'm mostly worried about if it's safe to eat?

Waffle3

Three days? Not an issue.

Scplogoblog

I was taught that hollandaise sauce was only safe to serve within 3 hours of making it, then it must be thrown out. I guess this was always the magic of a true hollandaise, a fleeting, brief challenge that was worth the effort every time.

Good information, Chef Ono and Slow Cooked. I should have said that the recipe I used is a "mock hollandaise," an acceptable, durable and quick hollandaise. I do appreciate the more delectable classic sauce--Chef Ono, would you share your recipe?