🔎

• 6

• 950

I'm looking for a tasty, healthy way to grill asparagus. Mine is always bland.

Merrill

Voted the Best Answer!

How do you make yours? I usually toss asparagus in olive oil, salt and pepper before grilling it, and than spritz with a little lemon juice before serving.

One way to add flavor to grilled asparagus is to grill them over real lump charcoal (not briquettes or gas). Mix the juice of one lemon into about 1/2 cup olive oil to use as a baste. You might chop up some fresh basil and work that into the baste. And don't forget the salt. One of the easiest ways to achieve bland vegetables is neglecting salt.

Sausage2

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

I would go with pierino's suggestion to check the salt. I find my asparagus often needs a bit more salt than I expect in order to make its flavor pop.

Junechamp

Since I have no outdoor space for grilling, my asparagus generally gets done in a saute pan on the stove. I pit about 1/4 cup water in the pan, and some olive oil and butter in equal amounts. When I put the asparagus in the pan, then I add coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper (and sometimes fresh lemon zest as well). When I remove the asparagus to a serving dish, I spritz generously with fresh lemon juice and add a pat of salted butter.

036

I do the same - olive oil, salt, and lemon. I get the fattest ones I can find and shave the stems, and I grill on HOT so that it gets a bit of char without being overcooked. And - parmesan to serve because parmesan makes everything better!!!

Baci1
HalfPint added almost 2 years ago

I do something similar. Toss with a little bit of flavored oil, usually garlic or meyer lemon flavored, some pepper. Grill them on high until slightly charred. Then take off the grill and shave a little bit of pecorino romano cheese with a microplane over the hot asparagus. I don't add salt because the romano is plenty salty and have a nice flavor too.