A question about a recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake

9094917684_a054364247_z

How long do you let it cool in the pan before removing it? With a moist cake, this is crucial! Thanks!

asked by Lollypaul about 2 years ago
Image

So funny you asked. I just baked this cake this morning. I was in a hurry, so I heavily sprayed the pan with Bakers Spray, and then spread it all over e inside with a paper towel so i made sure it was well coated. Then i sprinkled a lot of cocoa powder on the inside. I let it cool for less than 5 minutes-- I didn't want to be late for yoga class!-- and when I turned it onto the cooling rack, it plopped right out. I think the heavy pre-treatment was key.

Waffle3

[Quoting Arnold Horshack] Ooo-ooo-ooooh! I know this one! 10 minutes. Any shorter and the cake won't be properly set and could fall apart. Any longer and sticking to the pan becomes increasingly likely.

i just made a similar recipe and left it in the pan for 30 minutes, as per the recipe instructions. I f you're not in a rush I'd err on the side of leaving it in there between 15 and 30 so it doesn't fall apart.

Scplogoblog

I'm with ChefOno, basically till it's just cool enough to get out of the pan. In addition, if you want to keep it moist, one trick is to let it cool on the rack for another 10-15 minutes and then wrap tightly in plastic wrap to chill (or freeze). Allowing your cake to cool this way improves texture and crumb significantly.