🔎

how do I make those pigs in blankets like I've had at christmas, you know, sausage wrapped In bacon.

Bart_7
jwolfsthal added over 3 years ago

the easiest way to make these are to buy some pre-made bisquet or crescent roll and to wrap them around small sausages and then bake.

ginger37 added over 3 years ago

What you need to do -

Buy enough chipolata's to serve 2/3 per guest
Buy enough STREAKY bacon to wrap
Half fry sausages til hardly coloured
Stretch bacon on chopping board to make bit thinner
Wrap round sausage & secure with cocktail stick
Bake in medium oven until bacon cooked
Serve & enjoy
Hope this helps !

L1020855
CHeeb added over 3 years ago

Hormel bulk cocktail weenies come 1-2 pound packages. They are fully cooked but taste best if quick browned in a skillet before wrapping in the thinnest bacon you can find.If you skewer the thin bacon w/toothpicks, to hold it on the weenies, it is easiest to cook the bacon under a mild broiler-375-400 degrees for a few minutes per side.The warmed weenies can be dipped in honey-mustard,ranch dressing,chili , cranberry relish,or dilly sourcream .

169
leftoverquiche added over 3 years ago

I like to make a 'fancier' version of pigs in a blanket. Take any flavor of precooked sausages (big ones), cut the sausages into into 3 pieces, wrap in premade cresent dough, and bake till dough is done! I usually pan cook the sausage first just to warm them up. Serve with favorite sauces. My recent favorite is ketchup mixed with seracha. Mmm.