🔎

Parmesan cream sauce

Does anyone have a recipe for parmesan cream sauce? I had the best spinach/ricotta ravioli with that sauce and I'd like to try and recreate it. So good I wanted to lick the bowl. :)

Voted the Best Answer!

That sounds heavenly! I'd suggest a standard b├ęchamel (there are several to look over here: http://www.food52.com/recipe...) with the addition of grated parmesan to suit your taste.

RachelS added almost 2 years ago

I agree with the bechamel suggestion, but I also wanted to throw out pecorino fonduta (basically cream and finely grated pecorino simmered together in a saucepan until thickened with a little salt, white pepper, and nutmeg). It is richer than a bechamel, but very special when drizzled over pasta (and a little goes a long way)!

RachelS added almost 2 years ago

Forgot to mention, adding a little Parmesan along with the pecorino amps up the cheese factor as well!

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added almost 2 years ago

Some nutmeg would be great as well, IMHO.

Foodie in Iowa City added almost 2 years ago

Thank you for both suggestions--I will try them both! I hadn't heard of the pecorino fonduta before...