🔎

• 6

• 21629

How much lettuce for salad for 40 people?

How many cups of lettuce, or what weight, would you purchase to make a green salad for 40?

Img_0836-001_(1)

Voted the Best Answer!

Are you familiar with the tubs of spring mix at Costco? That would probably be the easiest way to go. Two of them should be fine, as I'm guessing you're also going to add some grape tomatoes, some multi-colored peppers, maybe some fresh corn. Make a good vinaigrette, and you should have something lovely to present!

Dsc_0048b
healthierkitchen added almost 2 years ago

I tend to have big salad eaters, so with tubs that size, I'd probably have to use 4. Wish I could tell you weight, but I usually eyeball heads of lettuce. A medium to large head should serve at least 4 - 6, depending on what else you're adding, as boulangere says, or how many other dishes you're serving. Also, is it dinner or lunch? Kids included in that number or no? etc. Also depends on type of lettuce - a large head of romaine would probably serve 6 or more, whereas a "large" head of butter lettuce only four or so.

Img_0836-001_(1)

Emily is a trusted source on General Cooking.

super helpful y'all. many thanks, c and w!! :)

The_cook
Gourmet Metrics added almost 2 years ago

I count about 100 grams for a side dish salad of mixed greens. That would be 3 - 4 ounces or about 8 to 9 pounds for 40 people.

The_cook

Revised answer. Just washed and weighed the mesclum purchased at my GreenMarket. No waste. 100% edible. 50 grams or scant 2 ounces is plenty for this pristine mix.

Img_0836-001_(1)

thank you!!