FREE Standard Shipping. TODAY: Up to 30% Off Gift Cards (limited supply). Shop Now »
🔔
🔎

What is trufloti?

asked by Bill F over 2 years ago
Cumberland_pass_atv_trip_-_july_20__2013_019

Bill, is this the correct spelling?

Open-uri.13930

I believe you may be referring to Funghi Trifolati. This is a method of cooking mushrooms with garlic and parsley in olive oil.

Yes, I think chefsusie is correct on this one. Trifofolato(i) refers to the way the mushrooms are sliced, as you would slice a truffle if you were lucky enough to own one.

I'm not sure if it's exact but close. I sounded it out as best as I could. Thanks guys (and gals)

Bill, can you give us a clue as to ingredients? I'm curious and want to figure this out!

Bigpan

Susie is right - this is how we did fresh porcini's in Montalcino, Tuscany. Deeeeelish!

Ok Thanks everyone. It was served with razor clams and beurre noisette. But I ordered something else.

That is why I asked what ingredients - I saw you tagged your inquiry razor clams. Sounds interesting!

Open-uri.13930

Now I am craving some mushrooms...but, I like mine in the form of Duxelles....mmmmm....