🔎

• 2

• 1340

Side dish for Stir fry Beef and Onions and Ginger

Making Mark Bittmans Stir-fry Beef and Onions and Ginger. I was going to make rice but we have had rice last night and the other day... looking for suggestions.... I have always wanted to make cold sesame noodles but that would be definitely "on the side"

Photo_for_web
Wholefoods_user_icon
a Whole Foods Market Customer added almost 2 years ago

Latley I've been using Quinoa instead of rice. You may want something that can soak up the sauce from what looks like a flavorful stir fry. For Sesame noodles, I love just using wholewheat spaghetti, after cooking it i toss it with a good bit of sesame oil, tamari (low sodium soy sauce), Fresh Lime juice, and chopped fresh cilantro and scallions. Then garnish with Black and White sesame seeds, and if you want, red chiliflakes for a little kick. Hope that helps!

Sunshine-small

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

I've always found oven roasted (and then crisped with the convection fan) asparagus to make a good side dish to anything asian. Your overall plate might end up a little vegetable heavy and starch light, but that's likely a good thing for anyone, no?