🔔
🔎

Food52 Member Map

I am updating this post with the short URL so it is easier to access: http://bit.ly/Loazoy. I hope more people sign up~ the map has really grown a lot so far! There are lots of Placemarks without user names so if anyone still needs help you could message me and I can update for you.

asked by savorthis over 2 years ago

I think it's a great idea. However, when I copy and paste your link it adjusts itself and just gives me a US map. Here https://maps.google.com...

Food52

You have to highlight the entire link and paste in into your browser. You will find that our friend hails from Colorado :)

I also think its an interesting idea.

Did you copy the entire link? It looks like only the top part is clickable but if you select and copy it works for me. I can't figure out how to default it to a zoomed out view- maybe once more markers are added it will do that. In the meantime you can zoom out or enter an address, click Edit and drag the blue marker to your spot.

Jc_profilepic

I just added my handle for fun... very cool Google map function

I put myself on, too. There's a tutorial on the map--it took me a few minutes to figure it out. great idea!

Stringio

Where is the tutorial? I only get the us map and pasted the entire link. Nor do I see any member locations

Brilliant idea! But I, too pasted the entire link which adjusted to that which brings up the US map.

Here is a short link: http://bit.ly/Loazoy. Hope that helps!

Thanks! It worked perfectly. What a fantastic idea. Thank you for doing this.

Buddhacat

Love this idea, savorthis! Just added myself in Seattle.

I had to use your short link http://bit.ly/Loazoy and just kept pointing and clicking til it worked. Perhaps you could go through the steps - like hit edit, etc.

By the way, I am a Denver native, born and raised!

You might need to have a google account to see the edit button. I had saved it to My Places and when I click to open Food52, I am able to click a red EDIT button which then displays some icons in the upper left of the map which is where the blue marker is. Sorry it is so complicated! I already was signed in, so it was very easy for me. If anyone has better ideas, let me know.

Buddhacat

Hey ST, thanks for the clear steps. I did what you said and I do not have a google account.

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

You guys are so cool. *love this*

Noz_photo

FOOD52 HQ is now on the map!

Cumberland_pass_atv_trip_-_july_20__2013_019

Well, I've put myself on there twice (Gunnison CO) and don't know how to delete!

Great idea!

Buddhacat

Just makes you twice as good!

I figured it out somehow (I sure don't know how though!)

P1291120

Well, I tried but failed (but I also have big tech challenges). I'm in Seattle and when I tried to "edit", it kept trying to have me edit SKK's location (I know she's in Seattle too). So, rather than remove and replace, I gave up.

I added you SeaJambon- I just dragged a new blue marker to the center of Seattle. You might be able to click edit and then drag the marker to a different spot if you want- or just let it be. The map is filling up- how fun! Thanks for playing everyone.

P1291120

Savorthis - you rock! :)

This was pretty easy once I finally noticed the red "Edit" button in the upper right corner of the area to the left of the map. I used the short link. Did not have to log in or anything. Great idea!

Dsc_0122.nef-1

How do I add my co-rds to the map?

Dsc_0122.nef-1

done! THis is a FAB idea!

110

Took two tries but I'm on there. Where are the Manhattanites?

5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm

Great idea!

Cakes

In!

Debbykalk-photo

Way cool! Where are all of our Central Texas foodies?

The map has really grown! Let's get more people on here....

savorthis, you must have fixed me! The closest I could get was next to you in Denver.

Hilary_sp1

This is great! Hope I did it right.