🔔
🔎

What's a good recipe for mushrooms?

asked by stmilly over 2 years ago

Could you expand on the 'mushrooms' as there are many types and many techniques for 'mushrooms'.

with some more info we could get a more helpful handle on your question.

For supermarket mushrooms simmering in olive oil and butter is great. For Mushroom soup---there's an outstanding recipe here if you search 'mushroom soup' in the 'enter search item' bar at the top of the page. It all depends on what type you have and what you like.

I love this recipe as way to really bring out the mushroominess of even boring supermarket mushrooms. It's outstanding as suggested, on toast, but equally good served on crackers or even on pasta.

http://smittenkitchen.com...

Baci1

Recently I sautéed some fresh porcini with minced garlic and fresh herbs in a little bit of butter. So so so good. Tried it with cremini mushrooms. While it was good, it just wasn't anywhere near the deliciousness of the porcini. Finally understood why the porcini are so dang pricey. But worth every penny.