🔎

• 5

• 480

What is a good kind of cheese?

Wholefoods_user_icon
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

There are many! Depends on what you're looking for. Give us more detail and we'll try to answer.

Scan0004
susan g added almost 2 years ago

There are probably thousands of kinds of cheese. What is 'good' depends on what you want -- eating? cooking? sandwich? and your personal preference. If you want to learn about cheeses, buy the smallest amount you can of a range of cheeses, read articles and/or books, and make up your own mind.

Myself, I'll go with a washed rind epoisses. When you cut into it it should be stinky and runny and smell like the feet of God.

Buddhacat
SKK added almost 2 years ago

I have never smelled the feet of God - nothing to compare the flavor to.

amysarah added almost 2 years ago

I'll second susan g's suggestion that your personal preference is what matters.

I'd start by visiting to good cheese shop if you have one nearby - most will give tastes, and a really good one will know a lot about the cheeses they sell. Tell them how you'll eat the cheese (alone, on a sandwich, for cooking...) and your preferences - mild, sharp, smelly, creamy, hard, salty, etc. - and start tasting! Not only informative, but a lot of fun.