Your Best Omelette Pan?

Over the years, my husband has gotten really skilled at making a classic 3-egg rolled omelette. We had a nonstick pan that worked perfectly for it - I say *had* because it got damaged, and the nonstick surface scratched to the point of no return. So we're in the market for a replacement. Does it pay to go upmarket, All-Clad or similar? Or should we stick with a less spendy model like the one we're replacing? Tell me about your favorite omelette pan, friends. Thank you.

asked by lastnightsdinner about 2 years ago
Waffle3

I think it's all about personal preference and budget. I can make good arguments for the All-Clad stainless d5 non-stick "fry pans" I use for the purpose, I can turn out a decent omelette using a beat-up steel pan in a restaurant or a scratched-up aluminum relic in a rental.

There's a lot to be said about how a good tool feels in your hand and the joy that comes from using one instead of just "making do". The even heat transfer of a good pan makes is much easier to avoid browning the eggs (which is a sin in my book).

You might want to take a look at All-Clad's d5 omelette pan (which just happens to be on sale at Williams-Sonoma right now).

Face

I love my 10" tin lined Mauviel copper pan for omelets. To me, it's perfect in every way and have been using it for 30 years.

110

I have only two non-stick pans and they are both exclusively for eggs. They are both from Calphalon -- thick enough for this application and a good value. Sooner or later, we all toss out a non-stick pan with regret.