What is the best dry rub for pork

asked by rhpearcy almost 2 years ago
Baci1

I like rosemary, sage, garlic, and salt.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

I have two: one is taken directly from pierino's Market Porchetta (here on FOOD52): fennel seeds ground up with rosemary and coarse salt, with a touch of pepper. Sometimes I get frisky and add a few coriander seeds. My other favorite is adapted from the pork roast I use for Cuban sandwiches, at http://food52.com/recipes... . It includes sage, which adds a rich herbal note to the more typical oregano + cumin rub. To use it dry, simply omit the olive oil . . . but be sure to rub the roast well with it before roasting or braising. ;o)

Thank you for the kudo AJ. But "best" could start a coast to coast argument landing in Kansas City, Memphis on it's way to the Carolinas and across the ocean to Rome. A rub begins with salt and pepper and then you build from there.

Imag0276

I like a chipotle & maple combo spicy and sweet always excites the taste buds. You can get these ingredients in dried variety that way you'll always have them on hand.

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet