🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

whipcream cracks????

I have a for all my fellow cakers .. This weekend me & My daughter made 2 cakes with homemade whip cream and they both cracked can anyone tell me why my daughter she thinks I over whipped the cream and i think it was cuz we had them in the fridge .. Can anyone give some advice We own our own biz and we hate to see this happen again .. Fortunalty the customers loved their cakes and we took of 10 bucks but i still hate to see it happen again..

asked by Lanae about 2 years ago
Sarah_chef
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

It was probably overwhipped - the fridge wouldn't do it. If you go too far with whipped cream you start to make butter.

I agree with Sarah R that it was overwhipped, and then when you refrigerated them, the "leaves" of butter, if you will, firmed up which caused them to contract and your whipped cream to crack. When you're going to ice a cake with whipped cream, stop the whipping just shy of firm peaks. The action of spreading it on a cake will further "whip" it, so it will be just right by the time you finish.

Flower-bee

I raise a hand for overwhipping as well. When you overwhip, you get ever closer to making butter and that involves total separation of the fat globules from the liquid. Another reason for it to crack is moisture: say you decorated it with fresh fruit on top, or you soaked your cake layers with syrup. Upon contact with the whipped cream that syrup will cause it to crack.

Thank you guys . Im sure now that you all agree with my girl I see I DID overwhip it ,Thanks again feel free to check out our cake page.. :-) this butterfly cake was my Gbabys 1st birthday cake :-)
https://www.facebook.com...

Sb_77411237