🔔
🔎

Good Vinaigrette side salad for Rosemary Pork Chops

I am making Rosemary and Garlic rubbed Pork Chops for dinner with my boyfriend tonight and I really want to make a light, yummy vinaigrette for a side salad to go well with the flavors of the rubbed Pork Chops. What sort of vinaigrette would match well with Rosemary, Garlic and Pork?

asked by LivKidd over 2 years ago
Chris_in_oslo

Rosemary is pretty intense, so I'd let that be your herb and stick to just the classic: a dab of Dijon mustard, a little red wine vinegar, whisked with a flavorful olive oil. Maybe some minced shallots. but maybe not necessary when you have the strong garlic.

Olive oil, Spanish sherry vinegar and a teaspoon of strong mustard to emulsify
Go nuts with a poached egg on each portion. @

Meyer lemon makes a soft vinaigrette for bright greens.

How about a light creamy vinaigrette. The yogurt in this recipe plays really well off of the heartiness of the roasted pork that you're going to make. You can also add half of a seedless cucumber or add cucumbers to your salad for an additional refreshing element.

1 cup greek yogurt
1 tbsp grainy dijon mustard
1 tbsp raw honey
1/4 cup lime juice
1 clove garlic, pan roasted in little olive oil in a pan on your stove on the lowest setting
3 tbsp fresh parsley
salt and pepper

Whisk all ingredients together and leave in the fridge to set. (if you do this first it will be plenty of time to set by the time your chops are done.

sea salt to taste