🔎

Cool kitchen Hack for separating eggs.

Its in CHinese, but you don't need to understand the language. http://newyork.grubstreet...

Dsc_0122.nef-1
3-bizcard

Now thats amazing, going to find a plastic bottle and try it now. Thanks Panfusine, that is so cool!!

3-bizcard

I tried it, the first yolk broke but I think it was my fault had to get used to the squeeze technique with the bottle the second one worked like a charm, yolk intact both times removing from white of egg and putting it back. Great hack!!

Cannizzo added over 1 year ago

Amazing!!!!!

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Voted the Best Answer!

Seriously. If you are going to the trouble of putting the whole egg into a separate bowl like that, you can simply put your three middle fingers gently under the yolk, with the fingers about 1/4 inch apart, and lift the yolk out! Much quicker, and you don't need a plastic bottle (something I generally don't have on hand). It works best in a smaller bowl, so there's more white under the yolk. Try it! (I did not make this up. It's a traditional method that's been used by cooks in France -- and elsewhere no doubt -- for generations, if not centuries.) ;o)

amysarah added over 1 year ago

Wow, that is very cool. Stunt eggs! However, I tend to agree with AntoniaJames. To separate eggs I've always simply let the white slide off between my fingers (just like my mother showed me) - far less cinematic impact, but it works just fine.

Cannizzo added over 1 year ago

I agree Antonia but you got to admit that is pretty cool

JAC added over 1 year ago

So cool!! I'm getting up from the couch & trying it right now!!