🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

bone-in versus boneless roast?

Jamie Oliver's fabulous slow-cooked lamb shoulder (recipe on foodtv.com) can be made with a bone in shoulder roast--or a boneless one, apparently. Got me wondering: what are the pros and cons of cooking with the bone in? Any difference as to cooking time or temperature. ?

asked about 2 years ago
3-bizcard

I have found and IMHO cooking a roast with the bone in yields a more flavorful roast, cooking time is longer usually and I love the flavor when you roast a piece of meat bone in. I generally use the same temperature just roast longer. It really depends on the size of the roast and the type it is and more often than not directions give options for both bone in or boneless.

Thanks very much, this is helpful. i find that recipes in books give details like bone-in, but online with sites like foodtv.com the details are often sketchy. in this case, there was a photo and could see bones on the prepared product so I went for it and it worked out splendidly.