Recommend a good brand of gluten-free pasta?

This is your basic nightmare - at least it is mine. I'm planning a dinner party for friends who are vegan and gluten-free. I have a pasta with a lentil-tomato sauce and plan on a nice roasted pepper salad, cornbread, berries for dessert - OK. What is a decent brand of gluten-free pasta?

asked by Lizthechef about 2 years ago
Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Perform a gluten free brand pasta search on the side and click down to hotline. I remember someone asking this before.

Newliztoqueicon-2

Thanks - got a brand also recommended on twitter - very helpful! Hope I can find it at Whole Foods...

Dsc00426

My go-to is Tinkyada rice pasta. I like the shorter styles like penne more than the long styles.

Ancient Harvest makes a corn-quinoa pasta that's good, too.

A local restaurant gives an option to leave out the pasta altogether and have the sauce on a bed of sautéed spinach. I've done this at home, too, with roasted zucchini or broccoli or any number of other veggies.

The bionature brand is good, if you can find it and Trader Joe's has a corn pasta as well as brown rice pastas that are okay. The trick is to not over cook it. Take the recommended time and subtract two minutes as a starting point. Also, you don't ever want to boil gluten free pasta, keep it at a simmer. Good luck! :)

P1291120

And, assuming you are baking the cornbread (not buying) so know how to make it without adding wheat flour? Just a thought when you listed your menu...

Should all be lovely. And, expanding on vvvanessa, spaghetti squash is a fabulous stand-in veggie instead of pasta.

Bionaturae, Ancient Harvest, Schar. We use these regularly. In addition to the tip about simmering, and not over-cooking, you have to stir the pasta or it will stick in clumps.

Hi there, i know this is a bit late but I just found a list on my grocers website.
http://www.harristeeter...

I really like the Trader Joe's brand corn pasta, especially with more savory sauces.