🔎

Recommend a good brand of gluten-free pasta?

This is your basic nightmare - at least it is mine. I'm planning a dinner party for friends who are vegan and gluten-free. I have a pasta with a lentil-tomato sauce and plan on a nice roasted pepper salad, cornbread, berries for dessert - OK. What is a decent brand of gluten-free pasta?

Newliztoqueicon-2
Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added over 1 year ago

Perform a gluten free brand pasta search on the side and click down to hotline. I remember someone asking this before.

Newliztoqueicon-2
Lizthechef added over 1 year ago

Thanks - got a brand also recommended on twitter - very helpful! Hope I can find it at Whole Foods...

Dsc00426
vvvanessa added over 1 year ago

My go-to is Tinkyada rice pasta. I like the shorter styles like penne more than the long styles.

Ancient Harvest makes a corn-quinoa pasta that's good, too.

A local restaurant gives an option to leave out the pasta altogether and have the sauce on a bed of sautéed spinach. I've done this at home, too, with roasted zucchini or broccoli or any number of other veggies.

BabbleButter added over 1 year ago

The bionature brand is good, if you can find it and Trader Joe's has a corn pasta as well as brown rice pastas that are okay. The trick is to not over cook it. Take the recommended time and subtract two minutes as a starting point. Also, you don't ever want to boil gluten free pasta, keep it at a simmer. Good luck! :)

P1291120
SeaJambon added over 1 year ago

And, assuming you are baking the cornbread (not buying) so know how to make it without adding wheat flour? Just a thought when you listed your menu...

Should all be lovely. And, expanding on vvvanessa, spaghetti squash is a fabulous stand-in veggie instead of pasta.

laagarf added over 1 year ago

Bionaturae, Ancient Harvest, Schar. We use these regularly. In addition to the tip about simmering, and not over-cooking, you have to stir the pasta or it will stick in clumps.

msway added over 1 year ago

Hi there, i know this is a bit late but I just found a list on my grocers website.
http://www.harristeeter...

Ophelia added over 1 year ago

I really like the Trader Joe's brand corn pasta, especially with more savory sauces.