FREE Standard Shipping. TODAY: Up to 30% Off Gift Cards (limited supply). Shop Now »
🔔
🔎

How can I make wakame salad at home? (preferably gluten free)

asked by dfcourtright over 2 years ago

I use dried wakeme..and rehydrate.
Then salt some very thinly sliced cucumbers..let those sit a bit and squeeze out the water and rinse.

That all goes into a generous amount of the dressing which is rice vinegar, a bit of sugar, a dash of soy sauce (wheat free type for gluten free)...sake. and optional..a tablespoon of "Dashi" stock. (available in powdered form at Japaneese markets).

Other additions can included sliced cherry tomatoes...Crab meat, Shrimp, Octopus.
Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion slices.

Oh...I wasn't clear on the dashi stock addition...it's just a pinch of the powder (not a tablespoon of the powder)...just bit of the powder in water to make a tablespoon of 'stock' to add to the dressing. Also chill the salad awhile as it's much better after it soaks a bit. Google "Sunomono Salad" for other variations.