🔔
🔎

Where can I get the best deal on a le creuset braiser?

asked about 2 years ago

there are actually some le creuset outlets around. that's where i got mine. SO worth whatever it costs, but a good deal makes it even better.
depends where you live... here's a link:

http://www.outlet-locator...

Cook-better-thanfb_profile

If you don't care about the brand I have ones I got at Ikea for really cheap. They are even stamped made in France, its worth a look. I love mine use them all the time holding up great and got 2 for like $50 if I recall.

Stringio

https://enews.williams...

By begging from Santa Claus! :-) As mentioned, from a Le Creuset outlet. Or Craig's List or eBay. An Emil Henry would be fine for most people's frequency of cooking with it, and much less expensive.

Open-uri20130311-13258-1s92jn8-0

But Christmas is three months away! Thanks for the advice. I will look for free shipping. I do LOVE Le Creusets quality--my last piece came from T J Maxx but they don't seem to carry much of it anymore. :(

Wholefoods_user_icon

I have a Dutch oven from Lodge which is enameled cast iron. It is nearly indistinguishable from a Le Creuset, and cost 1/4 the price. I bought mine from Amazon.

Okay, the bad news about outlet stores is that you really don't save any money. The prices are the same as in the other brick and mortar stores. I'm not going to go into the whole economic structure of the system. That said, Le Creuset pieces can be purchased at good prices when they discontinue the current season's colors. Like maybe you can handle a "braiser" in "fig" or something. I have a collection of mismatched colors purchased for that reason.