egg salad

i undercooked my hard boiled eggs by a few minutes. Does anyone know how i can remedy this? They have been cooled and refrigerated already. Thanks.

asked by baystate over 2 years ago
Cbfb27ea-071f-4941-9183-30dce4007b50.merrill

I actually love egg salad made with slightly-less-than-hard-cooked eggs. But if you want, you could put them back into a pot of simmering water for a few minutes -- if you add them straight from the fridge, I'd allow a couple minutes for them to warm through, and then 1 or 2 more to finish cooking.

After reading ChefOno's response I realized I should clarify something: I only use eggs with whites that are cooked through for egg salad -- but I like it when the yolks still have a bit of that almost jellied texture to them. I think it makes the egg salad so much richer.

A9f88177-5a41-4b63-8669-9e72eb277c1a.waffle3

If it were me and the yolks were too soft but the whites were okay, I'd scoop out the yolks and zap 'em in the MW for a few seconds. Otherwise, I would guess you'd have to cook the eggs for the normal amount of time so the yolk would come up to temp.