🔔
🔎

egg salad

i undercooked my hard boiled eggs by a few minutes. Does anyone know how i can remedy this? They have been cooled and refrigerated already. Thanks.

asked by baystate about 2 years ago
Merrill

I actually love egg salad made with slightly-less-than-hard-cooked eggs. But if you want, you could put them back into a pot of simmering water for a few minutes -- if you add them straight from the fridge, I'd allow a couple minutes for them to warm through, and then 1 or 2 more to finish cooking.

Merrill

After reading ChefOno's response I realized I should clarify something: I only use eggs with whites that are cooked through for egg salad -- but I like it when the yolks still have a bit of that almost jellied texture to them. I think it makes the egg salad so much richer.

Waffle3

If it were me and the yolks were too soft but the whites were okay, I'd scoop out the yolks and zap 'em in the MW for a few seconds. Otherwise, I would guess you'd have to cook the eggs for the normal amount of time so the yolk would come up to temp.