🔎

A question about a recipe: Moorish Paella

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Moorish Paella " from NWB. It says:

"Add rice and distribute evenly across the pan. Add chicken. Add chicken stock. Add the rest of the spice mixture and season with salt. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until rice is cooked through--I find this varies depending on the stove top--20-30 minutes. You can cover the pan if it is taking too long to cook. After it is done cooking let sit off the heat for 2-4 minutes. Serve. " How big does the pan have to be accommodate all the rice, as well as the four chicken thighs?

102610f_227
Me

Kenzi is the Associate Editor of Food52.

For the version pictured, we used a 15" paella pan. But it could certainly be a bit bigger -- you're going to want as much surface area as you can get to develop a crust on the bottom!

Chris_in_oslo

Take a look at the slide show with the recipe. You'll see how big a paella pan the Foof52 team used and can figure what you have that will be equivalent. If you are really thinking of using a Dutch oven, you'll want to be sure you don't make it too deep.

Eatsofeden added over 1 year ago

Thanks so much, guys! This is a huge help; I'm teaching my cooking class how to make this today!