🔎

• 5

• 661

A question about a recipe: French Onion Tart

I have a question about the recipe "French Onion Tart" from Jennifer Perillo. What can be done ahead? The dough and onions? Can they be stored in fridge until I'm ready to move on?

Food52_10-02-12-0686
Noz_photo
nzle added over 1 year ago

You could definitely complete parts of this recipe ahead! The dough can be prepared through stretching it into the springform pan, the onions can be caramelized and set aside, and the cheese can be shredded. Then you'd just mix up the filling, pour it into the shell, and bake.

But! Tarts are also a fantastic candidate for preparing entirely ahead of time. Just cool and refrigerate, and then serve either at room temperature or warmed in a very low oven to keep it from drying out.

Rachel Farahnik added over 1 year ago

Thanks so much. Can I also put the dough and onion mixture in the fridge and take it out when I am ready to move on ?

Noz_photo
nzle added over 1 year ago

Yes, totally! Well-covered, they'll keep separately for a day or two. (Just don't mix the eggs into the onion until you're ready to bake.)

Rachel Farahnik added over 1 year ago

Much appreciated. Have a good day!

Rachel Farahnik added over 1 year ago

Much appreciated. Have a good day!