🔎

• 5

• 1248

• See other questions tagged:
    • spice

Happy Mother-In-Law Spice uses

I bought some "Happy Mother-In-Law" spice when I was in Istanbul, just because I thought the name of the spice was funny. I am single - never been married - and now I want to know what to do with it. Anyone had experience with it or heard of it?

Twitterprofilepic
K_Squared added over 1 year ago

Can you describe it or know what may be in it if it is a mix of various spices? Truly I've never heard of it but might be able to steer you in the right direction!

CookOnTheFly added over 1 year ago

Well I think it must be hot/spicy as it is bright red - looks like a blend of some type.

Sadie_crop
Diana B added over 1 year ago

If you Google it, you can find some info on the South African company that makes it (much of it dedicated to a 2005 recall), but you'll have to look at quite a few sites to find information - it doesn't appear the company that makes it has a site, which is peculiar.

Chris_in_oslo

I googled it and it went in the direction of hot versions of garam masala! I've been hoping some of the FOOD52'ers from India would weigh in.

Maedl added over 1 year ago

Where did you find the spice? Was it at the Spice Bazaar or at a less touristy, local market? Is it a fine powder or coarser in texture? Did you taste a bit of it?